Charity insurance claims
Managing charity insurance claims: appropriate processes at a suitable time
The bigger the insurance claim, the more stressful the experience can become. Our job is to draw the sting, and support you in getting life back to normal as quickly as possible. You will have a single point of contact on our team who manages the process and fights your corner: you won’t be passed around a call centre.
Timely insurance claims reporting and handling may help to lower the cost of your charity insurance. It may seem counter-intuitive, but claims that are processed professionally with open and clear communication often reflect well on you. So some of the ways we try to add value are:
- Review claims and fine-tune procedures
- Advise on loss prevention and improve claims defensibility
- Help insurers understand the nuances of your work
- Ensure any insurer-appointed loss adjuster understands what you do
- Where possible cleanse dormant claims so we can negotiate better terms for you
- Challenge the underwriter’s reserving policy set aside for future claims to reduce your balance sheet liabilities and ensure claims amounts are realistic
- Analyse your claims history to help control risks.
With a charity insurance claim for a major incident, you can have access to our Business Assist programme – it’s a service you pay extra for but it will give you access to a trained loss adjustor, a specialist in their field, who will support you through the entire claims process. Many charity insurers trust us and want to work with us; we use this as a lever to make life easier for you right when you need help the most.
Our advisers are here to help you between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
You may also be interested in …
Wherever you’re based in the UK and whatever your aims and objectives, we have the voluntary sector insurance solutions and the specialist advice to help protect your organisation. The insurance policies we offer to our clients include:
Our Domiciliary Care policy provides a range of covers for organisations that provide care - whether for the elderly, disabled, or those with learning difficulties.
As a not-for-profit organisation you are able to access cover that is tailored to your needs. We’ve been broking charity minibus insurance in the UK for over 30 years and are here to help you.
We understand the Youth Club sector and have insurance designed to meet the specific needs of Youth Clubs. Our specialist products are testament to our in-house expertise.